1kg (roughly) chicken portions
250ml mild mayonnaise (such as Kraft)
30ml (or so) brown onion soup powder (if you live in a part of the world that doesn't have this on offer, just finely chop a bit of onion, or use dried onion flakes)
- Place the chicken portions in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- Mix the chutney and mayonnaise and spread over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the onion soup powder (or whatever) over the top of that.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for about half an hour.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through before you serve it, you don't want to give you family/guests salmonella.
- Serve with rice and vegetables. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and the rice for extra yumminess.
|Make sure the chicken is cooked through|
When I am making this dish (and several others), I add a teaspoon of cumin seeds to the rice when I start cooking it. I love the interesting dimension it adds.