This is not a recipe with a back story, more's the pity. This is one of those google-and-tweak jobs that you do when you have a boatload of something-or-other and need a recipe to use it up.
175ml vegetable oil
125ml dark brown sugar
5ml vanilla extract
500ml plain flour
2.5ml baking powder
2.5ml bicarbonate of soda
10ml cinnamon (or you might prefer ground cardamom seeds)
375ml grated raw zucchini (skin and all)
125ml grated carrot
125ml chopped pecan nuts (optional)
- Pop about 12 cupcake cases into muffin trays, or grease up muffin trays for about a dozen muffins.
- Beat the oil and sugars well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat some more.
- Sift together the dry (powdered) ingredients into a separate bowl and then stir into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the veg and nuts.
- Divide between the muffin cups/cupcake cases. These should be about 3/4 full to allow space to rise.
- You might like to sprinkle the top with more cinnamon (or cardamom).
- Bake for about 20 minutes until done (test with a skewer).