Tuesday 5 June 2012

Nutella fudgesicles

Not a great photo, but you get the idea!
So... it's been a long old time, hasn't it? My life has been transformed yet again since my last post and some tough lessons have been learned.

But let's set that aside for now, because I simply have to share with you this delicious and far-easier-than-pie recipe. I came across it on Daily Waffle via Pinterest. The original recipe listed an ingredient I'd never heard of, so I thought I'd try a substitute. It so totally worked. And I think several other things might work, too, so I'll add a list at the end of things you might like to try.

But before we get down to things can I just make one thing very clear? Nutella is not a health food. Okay? It's healthier than many things, but it's crammed full of sugar. I mean, there's even been a class action on the subject. So please don't think that these fudgesicles constitute a healthy snack for your family and then come and sue me when that turns out not to be the case. This is a treat. Okay?

Ingredients

375ml Alpro soya milk - chocolate flavour
125ml Nutella

Method

Whisk the ingredients together and then freeze for at least a couple of hours until set. Literally, that's it.

If you have a set of those popsicle moulds, they're ideal. The recipe is enough for 5 popsicles using my moulds. But you could use an ice cube tray, with or without lolly sticks.

I have used recipes for frozen treats before and they form crystals or granules, which I don't like. This recipe didn't. Not even slightly. The texture was sublime. Sublime I tell you.

So. Now to the alternatives. Instead of the Alpro soya milk, you could try:

  • Flavoured cow's milk
  • Unflavoured cow's milk, and then add a few drops of vanilla/almond/peppermint/whatever essence
  • Almond milk
  • Rice milk
  • Coconut milk... or cream
  • [insert brilliant idea here]

2 comments:

  1. how about the new Alpro Hazelnut Milk....ASDA here I come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Good idea. Or half-and-half (chocolate and hazelnut)

    ReplyDelete