110g margarine or butter
250ml dessicated coconut
125ml cocoa powder
750ml rolled oats
5ml vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, boil together the sugar, butter/marg, coconut, cocoa and milk for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly and then stir in the oats and vanilla. Mix well.
- Now you have two choices:
- Option 1: press into a shallow baking tray, cut into squares and leave to set.
- Option 2: (the messy version) roll tablespoon sized portions into balls in your hands and roll them in coconut (not included in the ingredient list), before placing them on wax-proof paper to set.