|Banana, carrot and nut cake|
375ml plain (cake) flour
7.5ml baking powder
7.5ml bicarbonate of soda
10ml ground cinnamon
250ml grated carrot (about one 5"/12cm carrot)
250ml mashed banana (about 3 smallish bananas)
250ml chopped nuts
375ml icing sugar
15ml cream cheese
Little lemon juice
- Cream sugar, oil and eggs well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon together and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend well together.
- Pour into a deep cake pan and bake at 160C for about an hour. Check from time to time with a skewer.
- Allow to cool on a rack. Don't ice it until it has cooled down completely.
|The icing should gently run over the edge|
- Mix a little icing sugar with the butter and cream cheese until creamed.
- Alternate adding more icing sugar and yoghurt and a few drops of lemon juice until the mixture is just stiff enough to run over the edge of the cake when poured on top.
- Pour gently and slowly onto top centre of the cake.