So I recently took a little wander down memory lane and this is the route I took.
500ml plain (cake) flour
15ml baking powder
2.5ml ground cinnamon (or try cardamom for variety)
250ml seedless raisins
125ml pecans, chopped
|Place on a cooling rack|
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and then whisk into the butter mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and beat well.
- Add the raisins and nuts and mix through (better to use a wooden spoon, now).
- Drop dollops of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet, or onto a piece of baking parchment on a baking sheet (I prefer the latter).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they're going golden.
- Place on a cooling rack until cool. Don't put them into a tin before they're completely cool or they will go soggy.