Tuesday 3 May 2011

Peanutbutter biscuits (cookies)

The very first thing I ever baked at home by myself, was peanut butter biscuits. My Gran gave me the recipe and was on hand to give advice, but the work was all my very own, and I nearly burst with pride when my Gran served the biscuits to the family at tea time.

So I speak from personal experience when I say that this is a recipe a child could follow.

Oven temperature
160C

Ingredients
175g butter, at room temperature
175ml crunchy peanut butter
125ml white sugar
125ml brown sugar
1 egg
500ml plain flour
2.5ml baking powder

Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar
  • Method
  • Cream the sugar and butter together until light.
  • Beat in the peanut butter.
  • Beat in the egg.
  • Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
  • Shape the dough into walnut sized balls and arrange on a baking tray about 5cm apart.
  • Press down with a fork dipped in sugar.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown (all ovens vary, so you may have to bake yours a little longer, but remember that biscuits don't crisp up in the oven - that happens afterwards during cooling).
  • Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
  • This recipe should yield about 50-ish biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment