So I speak from personal experience when I say that this is a recipe a child could follow.
175g butter, at room temperature
175ml crunchy peanut butter
125ml white sugar
125ml brown sugar
500ml plain flour
2.5ml baking powder
|Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar|
- Cream the sugar and butter together until light.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the dough into walnut sized balls and arrange on a baking tray about 5cm apart.
- Press down with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown (all ovens vary, so you may have to bake yours a little longer, but remember that biscuits don't crisp up in the oven - that happens afterwards during cooling).
- Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
- This recipe should yield about 50-ish biscuits.