1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
125g fresh green beans, halved
2 baby marrows (aka zucchini, courgettes), sliced
100g button mushrooms
100g brown lentils
200ml stock (if you're not a vegetarian, chicken stock works well, here)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
Pinch dried thyme (or a sprig of fresh)
440g can of red kidney beans, drained
250ml frozen whole kernel corn
- Melt butter and saute onion, garlic and mushrooms for a few minutes, until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Place in a casserole dish and add everything except the corn and the kidney beans. Stir things up a bit to get the ingredients mixed up.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and add the beans and corn. Give it another stir, re-cover and pop back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.